What you should know about Bio-Impedance (BIA)!
Our phone hotline:
+49 931 32933-22
We will be pleased to consult you concerning the selection of the BIA instrument best suited for your application.
AKERN BIA 101
The BIA Legend
As the legendary pioneer of bio-electrical impedance testing, referenced in more than 3000 scientific publications in a variety of medical and scientific fields, BIA101 has evolved as the worldwide gold standard of bio-impedance analysis.
- Gold standard in medical and scientific bio-impedance testing
- Comprehensively validated analysis of body composition
- Unique evaluation of nutrition and hydration state by BiaVector® and BiaGram®
- Including lifetime licence of BodygramPRO software
- Most modern technology with Lithium-Ion battery
- Medically certified in Europe (medical CE) and the USA (FDA)
The phase sensitive BIA 101 measures Resistance (Rz) and Reactance (Xc) of human tissue by a low-voltage, non-susceptible current yielding reliable test data and results within seconds. Phase angle and body compartments are derived by the Bodygram PRO software through medically validated algorithms. Concise but impressive reports and narrative interpretations are available to the professional user, patients and clients.
An integral part of the Bodygram PRO software, BiaVector® and BiaGram® are indispensible clinical tools allowing a first-glance-analysis of nutrition and hydration states as well as therapy follow-up. While the determination of body compartments depends on entered co-predictors such as weight, age, and gender, the BiaVector® and BiaGram® can present results based on factual BIA measurement only. This clinically validated and meanwhile widely practiced method facilitates body analysis also under difficult conditions, e.g. in obesity, nephrology, oncology, and cardiology.
With BIA101 und Bodygram PRO weight changes can be interpreted easily and reliably as modifications of fluid, cell or fat compartments. BIA101 is particularly suited to follow hydration states in haemodialysis, to analyse emergency and ICU conditions, as well as optimize nutritional or physical activity programs.
Operating BIA101 is as simple as 1-2-3: On one side of the test persons special skin electrodes are placed on the hand and foot, connected with the BIA101 instrument by electrode cables. Test results are immediately displayed on the device, can be entered manually into the BodyGram PRO software or transferred via USB adaptor to your PC.
Comprehensive Body Composition Analysis with Bodygram PRO
- Resistance (Rz) in Ohms
- Reactance (XC) in Ohms
- Phase angle (PA) in degrees
- Bio-active cell mass (BCM) in kilograms and
- Total body water (TBW) in liters and percent
- Extra cellular water (ECW) in liters and percent
- Intra cellular water (ICW) in liters and percent
- Fat free mass (FFM) in kilograms and percent
- Fat mass (FM) in kilograms and percent
- Muscle mass (MM) in kilograms and percent
- Sodium/Potassium exchange
- Basic Metabolic Rate (BMR) in kilocalories/kilojoules
…and the graphical one-glance evaluation by:
Specifications BIA 101
- Dimension (device): approx. 25×15×11 cm
- Weight (device): approx. 1.05 kg
- Measuring current: 0.4 mA constant at 50 kHz
- Internal power supply: Lithium-Ion battery, rechargeable
- Operation time: up to 12 hours uninterrupted
- Measuring Range Resistance: 0…999 Ohm
- Measuring Range Reactance: 0…100 Ohm
- Display: LED
- Status indicators for current, signal, battery, skin
- Automatic switch off
- USB adaptor to PC
Medical regulatory approvals: CE Medical Device Class II A according to EU norms 93/42/CEE – EN 60601-1-2, EN 46000, EN 55011, ENV 50140, IEC 1000-4-3
Degree of protection: Instrument with internal power supply Type B
BIA101 Scope of Delivery
- BIA101 instrument
- Electrode cable set with spare clips
- USB cable
- CD with Bodygram PRO® software
- Aluminium transport case
- Tester (Dummy)
- 100 special BIA electrodes